Summative and formative assessments
- Supporting the whole exam cycle, including exam planning, exam creation, exam implementation and exam evaluation;
- Providing support in the development of catalogues of learning objectives and weighted content outlines (blueprints) for the exams;
- Training authors in writing exam questions or exam tasks (multiple choice questions, short-answer questions, Objective Structured Clinical Examinations);
- Formal and linguistic revision of exam questions/tasks and check of translations;
- Managing exam questions/tasks and statistical data in electronic databases;
- Preparing exam documents (exam booklets, answer sheets, tablets for electronic exams);
- Accompanying consensus processes to determine a content-based pass mark;
- Conducting statistical exam analyses;
- For appeals on results: Supplying documents for follow-up checks and inspection, exam-methodological reports;
- Developing new exams and consult on and accompanying the development of new exam formats;
- Offering workshops on all areas of exam conception, preparation, implementation, evaluation, while offering supporting (electronic) tools;
- Supporting students’ exam preparation through the possibility of online self-assessments.
- Train undergraduate and postgraduate trainers in evaluating medical competencies in clinical routine and in providing structured feedback;
- Adapt workplace-based assessment formats (e.g. Mini Clinical Evaluation Exercise and Direct Observation of Procedural Skills) to specific needs;
- Support the implementation of so-called Entrustable Professional Activities in undergraduate and postgraduate education to support training.
- Creating evaluation concepts;
- Developing and test questions;
- Designing questionnaires in electronic or paper form;
- Preparing and evaluate data;
- Producing evaluation report with recommendations;
- Validate evaluation instruments.
- Carrying out and initiating research in the area of Medical Education;
- Contract-based research to support others in evaluating innovative exams, teaching interventions or other themes of Medical Education.
- Supervising Master’s theses and dissertations, including PhD works;
- Teaching activity in Medical Education (e.g. Clinical Skills Training, communication training, involvement of teachers in the MAS MME program, Harvard Macy Program).
- Accompanying the continuous development and maintenance of electronic assessment tools for the optimal support of those involved during the whole exam cycle;
- Further development of the infrastructure for exam management, including preparation, implementation, evaluation and archiving of exam content.